As a Moodle system admin, select Site Administration>Plugins>External Tools>Manage Tools.
On the Manage Tools page, select configure a tool manually.
On the resulting External tool configuration page, enter the following information.
- Too name - Apidapter
- Tool URL - https://api.apidapter.com/v0/adapter/XXX (your adapter URL)
- Tool description - Tool description here.
- LTI Version - Select LTI 1.3 from the dropdown.
- Public Key Type - Select Keyset URL from the dropdown.
- Public keyset - https://api.apidapter.com/v0/adapter/XXX/keyset (your adapter URL with "/keyset" added at the end)
- Initiate login URL - https://api.apidapter.com/v0/adapter/XXX (your adapter URL)
- Redirection URI(s) - https://api.apidapter.com/v0/adapter/XXX (your adapter URL)
- Custom Parameters - Parameters to include in the LTI transaction that are not automatically sent as part of the normal setup.
- Tool configuration usage - Depending on the experience you want your users to have, you can select from the following:
- Show in activity chooser and as a pre-configured tool - The tool can be shown in the activity chooser for an instructor to select and add to a course.
- Show as pre-configured tool when adding an external tool - The tool can be shown in the pre-configured tool drop-down menu when adding an external tool to a course.
- Do not show; use only when a matching tool URL is entered - The tool can be configured to only be used if the exact tool URL is entered when adding an external tool to a course.
- Default launch container - Depending on the experience you want your users to have, you can select from the following:
- Default - Use the launch container specified by the tool configuration.
- Embed - The tool is displayed within the existing Moodle window in a manner similar to most other activity types.
- Embed, without blocks - The tool is displayed within the existing Moodle window with just the navigation controls at the top of the page.
- New window (recommended for Apidapter) - The tool opens in a new window, occupying all of the available space. Depending on the browser it may open in a new tab or pop-up window. It is possible that a browser will prevent the new window from opening.
- Content Selection URL -
- IMS LTI Assignment and Grade Services - Do not use this service
- IMS LTI Names and Role Provisioning Use this service to retrieve members’ information as per privacy settings
- Tool Settings - Use this service
- Share launchers name with tool - Always
- Share launchers email with tool - Always
- Accept grades from the tool - As specified in Deep Linking definition or Delegate to teacher
- Default organisation ID - Site ID
- Organisation ID - Leave blank
- Organisation URL - Leave blank
Click Save Changes.
On the resulting Tools page, select the icon to view the Tool Configuration Details to view the information necessary to complete the request handler of your adapter:
- Platform ID - Issuer
- Client ID - Client ID
- Deployment ID - Deployment ID
- Public keyset URL - Key set URL
- Access token URL - Auth token URL
- Authentication request URL - Auth login URL
Before moving on, copy all of these values and either add them to your adapter.
Creating the LTI Link
Once the link is created it should be available in the external tools area to add to the course as an activity or resource.