To successfully register Apidapter as an LTI 1.3 application, you will need an adapter URL. This step requires the creation of a new adapter specifically for LTI 1.3 integration. To do this, follow the directions to create a new LTI 1.3 adapter. After creating your new adapter, follow the directions below.
- In the Admin/Course Set-Up in Brightspace area click on Manage Extensibility.
- Click the LTI Advantage tab, then click Register Tool.
- On the resulting page, select the radio button next to Standard.
- Enter the following information in the Register Tool area:
- Name: Apidapter
- Description: Add tool description. This can be anything that will help you recognize the tool.
- Domain: https://api.apidapter.com
- Redirect URLs: https://api.apidapter.com/v0/adapter/XXX (your adapter URL)
- OpenId Connect Login URL: https://api.apidapter.com/v0/adapter/XXX (your adapter URL)
- Keyset URL: https://api.apidapter.com/v0/adapter/XXX/keyset (your adapter URL with "/keyset" added at the end)
- Extensions: Names and Role Provisioning Services
After you submit this information, Brightspace will provide the information necessary to complete the Request Handler component of your adapter in Apidapter. Below are the names of the Brightspace-provided fields followed by the matching field in Apidapter:
- Client ID - Client ID
- Brightspace Keyset URL - Keyset URL
- Brightspace OAuth2Access Token URL - Auth Token URL
- OpenID Connect Authentication Endpoint - Auth Login URL
- Brightspace OAuth2 Audience - Not used by Apidapter
- Issuer - Issuer
Before moving on, copy all of these values and either add them to your adapter or provide them to your Apidapter implementation specialist for addition to your adapter.
Next, instead of clicking Done, click View Deployments. On the resulting page, click New Deployment.
Select the Apidapter tool from the Tool drop-down. Confirm that the Name and Role Provisioning Services extension is selected.
Under Security Settings, check the following information to be shared with Apidapter during the LTI launch:
- Org Unit Information
- User Information
- User ID
- Org Defined Id
- Link Information
Click on Add Org Units and make sure to add the institutional org unit. This is an important step, as it will come into play later when creating the LTI link.
Click Create Deployment. At this time, Brightspace will provide a Deployment ID. Copy this ID and add it to your adapter. Click Save. This will redirect you to the External Learning Tools page.
Creating the LTI Link
From the External Learning Tools page, click LTI Advantage to view the deployment you just created. Click on the name of the deployment. On the resulting page, scroll down and click View Links. On the resulting page, click New Link and enter the link details.
- Name - Add the name. This can be anything that will help users recognize the tool.
- URL - The URL of your adapter.
- Description - Add the link description. This can be anything that will help users recognize the tool.
- Type - Select "Basic Launch" from the drop-down menu.
Once the link is created it should be available in all of the courses designated as part of the deployment setup. To add the link to an individual course, select Existing Activities>External Learning Tools and select Apidapter.